Care and Cleaning for Your Blind or Shade!
Due to the differences in ultrasonic cleaning methods, we cannot recommend this method of cleaning. DO NOT uses strong detergents or spot removers. Dry cleaning is not recommended and is not covered by the warranty. DO NOT fully immerse blinds or shades. Most fabrics are inherently anti-static and repel dust. Periodic feather dusting or vacuuming with a soft brush attachment and low suction will keep your shades clean and fresh. Spills or stains can be lightly blotted with a damp cloth and water. Take care not to crease the fabric.
• Use a soft, clean cloth, dusting mitt, or chemically treated dust cloth regularly to keep them looking new.
• Vacuum in a sweeping motion side-to-side parallel with the cells.
• Most stains can be blotted with a damp sponge and mild detergent. DO NOT fully immerse in water.
Classic Roman Shades, Roller Shades, and Panel Tracks
• Solar screen fabrics may be cleaned using a mild detergent. Allow fabric to dry completely before raising the shade.
FauxWood and Wood Blinds
• A mild detergent and water solution can be used on Fauxwood blinds and painted Wood blinds. Stained blinds can be treated with a mild wood preservative.
• Lower the blind to its full length, tilt the slats almost all the way down and dust. Then tilt the slats almost all the way up and dust. (Not fully closing the slats allows dusting where the slats overlap.)
• Blinds may also be cleaned by vacuuming them with the brush attachment of a vacuum cleaner, tilting the blinds open and closed as just described.
• Another way to clean blinds is simply by wiping them with a soft, damp rag or sponge.
• Like wood furniture, stained blinds should be treated periodically, with lemon oil or other wood preservative to protect their finish and enhance their luster. Apply to cloth rather than directly on slat surface.
• Most fabrics are virtually maintenance free. Periodic feather dusting or vacuuming with a soft brush attachment and low suction will keep your blinds clean and fresh.
• Spills or stains can be lightly blotted with a damp cloth and water. Take care not to crease the fabric. DO NOT fully immerse.
• Vinyl louvers can be wiped clean with a mild solution of soapy water. To prevent static, vinyl louvers can be wiped down with an anti-static sheet like a dryer sheet.
• If they are not damaged or exposed to a great deal of direct sunlight, it is not unrealistic to expect years of enjoyment with minimal care.
• Raising and lowering shades periodically helps to reduce most natural dust accumulation.
• If additional cleaning is desired, shades can be lightly brushed or carefully cleaned with a soft vacuum brush attachment. Spills or stains can be lightly blotted with a damp cloth and water.
Illusion Vertical Sheer
• Fabric may be hand washed in lukewarm water with a small amount of mild detergent. DO NOT fully immerse the top header fabric in water and DO NOT wet the plastic hangers. Wash dark colors separate from light colors. Dip dry by hanging vertically on a drying line. Cool iron or steam, if necessary.
• Wet a soft cloth with water and wipe the shutter panels until they are free from dust. They can also be cleaned with a mild soap, though not with lemon oil or furniture polish.