Product Updates | Nov 2018
Just In! Vista Fall News!
Fauxwood & Wood Blinds
This year the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) passed important new legislation regarding pre-assembled imported blinds which eliminates all corded options from being sold effective December 15, 2018.
This means our Faux Today corded program is being discontinued Dec. 1st and will be replaced by a cordless program. The new cordless program is scheduled to be available in mid-December and more information and pricing will be coming soon.
Effective immediately color #401 true white is discontinued from our FauxToday program. We have varying levels of inventory in #405 white, #419 off white, #422 Matte white, and #425 Oyster available as we transition to our new program, but not all sizes may be available in all remaining colors.
This is an important step for our industry in providing child safe products and we encourage you to make consumers aware of the potential hazard corded blinds and shades can be for children.
Shadings Motorization Options
Simplicity rechargeable motorization and PowerWand™ are NEW options for our Horizontal Shadings collection.
Maximum Size – 60 sq ft – Translucent
Maximum Size – 50 sq ft – Room Dimming
- Faux Today – 401 True White
- Cellular Shades – Starlight 1199C Biscuit
- Cloth Tapes – 622 Snow
- Woven Woods – Misty R030 Camel
Find the full discontinued list in ‘Dealer Resources’.
New National Safety Standards!
This affects all corded blinds and shades.
All standard cord control blinds & shades will come with a default cord length of 1/3 the length of the blind or shade. Our previous default was approximately 50% of the overall length.
- Special length cords available as no charge option but must be specified at time of order.
- All corded blinds and shades will come with a cord cleat that must be installed to secure the operating cords.
- Any 2-on-1 standard cord lift blinds or shades will ONLY be available with control positions to the outside so that cord cleat devices can be installed.
- 3-on-1 cord control blinds and shades will no longer be available.
- All Top Down/Bottom Up corded shades will have a default of 1/3 the length of the shade for the cord operating the bottom rail and the moving middle rail when both rails are in the fully lowered position.
- Wand tilt is the default tilt option. Cord tilt available upon request.
- All horizontal 2″ and 2 ½” blinds less than 36″ in length with a cord tilt must specify a custom cord length as the default length of 1/3 will not allow adequate cord for the rotation. We recommend a wand tilt only for these lengths.
- Wand control is the default option for Vistec Tracks.
- Cord and chain control is optional upon request.
- Verticals under 24″ in length will only be available as a Vistec wand control.
Cordless and Motorized shades are more affordable than ever and we encourage everyone to specify these products to create homes that eliminate strangulation hazards.